Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Albert Einstein's Letter To Jacques Hadamard...and the Creative Process

My first reaction was that this confused me. I wish I knew better what the questions being asked were. Also, me and old english aren't a good combination because it confuses and frustrates me quite a bit. So after several tries at reading it...this is what I have to say.

His answers (A) through (D) seem to be answering similar questions. I could be way off base here but I would think he is using "elements" to refer to words or language. These elements have no meaning but must be made meaningful in order for there to be productive thought and communication.

Asside from that, I think that in part (E), he is saying that it isn't possible for a human to be fully conscious. I have actually been hearing alot about this idea lately as it is the idea of some religous persons to be fully conscious throught meditation...But thats going off on a tangent.

Some more obvious things that I can gather from this is that Einstein is writing to Hadamard to answer some questions and that he is not fully satisfied with his own answers.

I hope to learn more about what Einstein is talking about in class or the blogs of others.


Now... On to The Creative Process. I don't know why but the author of this peice seemed incredibly annoying to me. It serves him right to find a fondness for paintng after detesting it for so long. That's exactly whey you should never say never. Also, he seems to over analyze everything, and not in a good way, but in the annoying "we get it already!" way.

I also disagree with him about painting and making pictures. Unlike him, I beleive the two are one in the same. However, I like when he says a picture is equal to the amount of life you put into it. I also think art classes do not hinder artists, and just because somthing is painted from a still life or model, that doesn't make it any less art.

After taking art classes myself, this peice evoked quite a bit of negative emotion, due to my natural flight or fight reaction, and obviously I feel I choose to "fight."

No comments:

Post a Comment