Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Definitions

Creativity: The dictionary definiton defines creativity as the "ability to create" and/or the "quality of being creative". I beleive that creativity isn't just having the ability to create, but using it as well. Using your mind and body to make somthing. This can obviously be in many many forms: drawing, painting, scultping, acting, dancing, ect. These are all creative. So, I beleive I could define creativity as using oneself to make something else. I beleive that much art can evoke feelings or thoughts in others, and some of it has meanings or hidden meanings. However, this is not required. I beleive some things that I paint don't always mean anything, but they are still creative to me.

Imagination: Imagination is using one's mind to think or imagine something. Imagnination can take you places that realtiy cannot go. Books and movies can take a person to alternate realtities in the same way that a person's imagination can do.

Culture: Culture is a way of life. It includes everything that people do and say, how they live, the things they include in their daily lives. The traditions celebrated and food eaten, the movies and art people choose to surround themselves with. Culture is different around the world. Even driving to another city or state can be a completely different culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment