Thursday, March 11, 2010

Abstraction

The abstraction project was very different when transforming a collage into an actual abstract work of art. In high school, I took almost three years of drawing/painting, one of photo, and one semester of graphic design. I am no stranger to abstract art, though I have never created it in this way before. I did several abstract paintings as well as one abstract in adobe Photoshop. I have never “abstract-ified” another piece though.

I found the project to be fairly difficult at first, turning a college of real pictures into something abstract, especially such amazing pictures that I took and am fairly proud of. However, once I got the picture on my laptop and just started playing with it in Photoshop, I started to have fun with it. I’m only sharing my favorite outcomes, though there were a lot more than this.

Here's the original:

My abstrations:

This first one is actually four parts, there is the main pic, which is the top half of the image, then the second part which is just the top half fliped and reflected on the bottom. The top had a black backgound and the bottom was white. So I made half of the images transparent so you can see the images under... I know this is confusing... I can't really explain it...So anyways, the lines are made with a "neon glow" filter, the bottom of it is the inverse of the filter.


This is the face in the bottom right hand corner of the college. It's really simple, just put threw a filter and then distorted. The filter was called "cutout" (I think anyways...I dont remember for sure) and then distorted threw a stained glass things (not a filter, but somthings else).

This one was isn't really that abstract, but it was a little more time consuming so I thought I'd put it up anyways. There is a stained glass filter applied to the picture, then I cut it out in the shape of the words and a heart, then applied a border and "stained glass" the photo again to include the border. Then just put a square in the background and colored it black.

No comments:

Post a Comment