Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Render me stupid

I really enjoyed meeting Delton and seeing his art, but I beleive the art show was alittle, do I dare say, boring. We saw much of his work in class, I felt that the gallery didn't add much to what we had already seen. But with that said, I have some comments about his art.


First, I think that this was one of my favorite peices, though I can't pick a fav. I like the final peice on its own, but I loved being able to see his whole process of the blog. I beleive it's incredibly creative and it looks like it came from a 50's sears catalog or somthing. I really like the simplistic details. I beleive it follows the actual logo really well, but looks like it could easily be the real logo as well.





I like this because drawing people is a fun hobby of mine, though I am not to great at it. I am impressed by this sketch. You can tell right away who it was and the emotions and everything. It amazes me.






I know this wasn't at the gallery, and it's not finished, but i really like this. It's like the beer ad in many ways.





One thing about the show that I thought was interesting was that he had all of the little "thumbnail" images of different color samples. It was kind of cool to see all the different trials.

I was also supprised that a lot of the paitings were very small. I felt that the oversized frames really took away from the paintings on some of the pictures. Also, there were really huge paintings as well. But very few "typical" things. They were all "out of the box" for the most part.

I leave you today with this. The film of Delton painting this mural. I loved watching him work. From one painter watching another, I was impressed by how he worked. He didn't hesitate, didn't stumble. He barely even noticed the other people watching him or around him, just kept working, seemingly lost in his own world.

No comments:

Post a Comment