Thursday, March 4, 2010

Im Winter ein Jahr


I really enjoyed this film. I think it is my favorite thing we've done thus far in class. I went into it, not knowing what to expect at all. It was a little confusing at some times, but not to bad. I really enjoyed listening to the german language becuase my family is german and growing up, my oma taught me quite a bit. Somewhere in my subconsious I remembered quite a bit.

But beyond that, I LOVED the main character. I could relate to her in so many ways. I haven't necessacarily been through the same things, but I felt like I was her during the whole movie. I beleive she was the first character in a movie who I could fully understand.

The filming of the movie was a little rough at times, but I beleive it fit quite well with the style and message of it. The cinematography was great, some of the shots and angles in the movie were awesome. Though again, it was a little rough around the edges, so to say.

The ending was a little cheesey compared to the tone of the rest of the movie, but I think it was really fitting looking back on it. It kind of bothered me that we never found out why her brother committed suicide, though I guess its better that we didn't. It's one of those things that we're just never ment to know.

It's hard to talk about the film because I'm kind of at a loss of words. I would love to get a copy of it to watch with my oma because I think she would appriciate it as well. I am gonna keep this short and maybe add more later after I've had some time to digest and sort out my thoughts.

Overall though, I am very glad that I went to see this.

No comments:

Post a Comment