Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Composers Manifesto

When I started my peice I had no ideas about what to do or how to do it. After attending my sister's state winterguard composition, I decided to make my peice guard related. However, I went home to find that the good majority of my equipment had gotten returned. So I threw around some more ideas in my head, coming up with nothing else. At last, I decided to make do with the guard things that I had. I tried making different sounds with the riffle and flags. There was somthing I wanted to do with the riffle but I wouldn't have been able to teach anyone else to do what I was wanting, so more compromise ensued. Finally, I was okay with all my sounds and tried to peice everything together while experimenting with tempo and other things. In the end, I am very satisfied with my peice. The thing that would make it better would be to have an entire team of guard people who could do whatever I threw at them.

No comments:

Post a Comment